- Accredited & Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (Reg. MBACP)
- EAP approved Affiliate Counsellor
- Integrative and CBT Therapist (rooms in Wilmslow & Alderley Edge, SK9)
- Masters in Counselling, Manchester University
- PG Diploma in Integrative Counselling, Manchester University
- CBT training at The Manchester Centre for CBT
- ACC Accredited
- CMCS approved Affiliate Counsellor
- Experience in a GP surgery, Pennine Care Trust (contract work), Stockport Women’s Centre and voluntary sector.
- Supervisor of Counsellors
- Current enhanced DBS
- Depression and Bi-Polar Disorder
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Self Esteem issues
- Abuse (Childhood, Domestic, etc.)
- Stress – work related and other
- Bereavement & Loss
- Couples Counselling/Relationships
- Issues around Religion/Culture/Spirituality
- Short-term, solution-focussed therapy
Provide supervision for counsellors, including trainees
We can all reach times where we feel hopeless, despairing and unable to cope. It can be helpful to find an objective other to be alongside us through that challenging part of our journey in life, reminding us of how we used to be and our resources, as well as helping us gain a fresh perspective and renewed vision for the future. My aim is to be that helpful other, drawing on the gift of empowerment that has at times been imparted to me along some of my difficult paths.
I believe in tailor making counselling sessions to individuals, believing each person to be unique, aiming to draw on your resources, enabling you to take control of your life and become empowered to make changes and continue post-counselling in a positive direction, with insight and tools from our time together.